IU1 Extended School Year Services 2020
Extended School Year (ESY) services are special education programs and/or related services beyond the regular 180-day school year provided to students with disabilities. The Individualized Education Program (IEP) team determines ESY eligibility and services.
Listed below are the programs that Intermediate Unit 1 will operate during Summer 2020. The programs listed below will operate from 9:00 am–12:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. The dates of the ESY classroom programs are:
- Inservice for Teachers: Thursday July 2, 2020
- First Day for Students: Monday July 6, 2020
- Last Day for Students and Teachers: Thursday July 30, 2020
- Dates (16 total):
- July 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16
- July 20, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30
- Tentative classroom locations include:
- Virtual Programming
- 1 MDS/LSS Program (Secondary)
- 1 Autistic Support (Elementary)
- 1 Autistic Support (Secondary)
- 1 CTES/ES (Middle/Secondary)
As you determine your ESY program needs, forms must be completed if you are sending students to one of the IU ESY programs or if you are requesting ESY services (hearing, vision, occupation therapy/physical therapy) provided by the IU. Please complete the Documents of Needs ESY form for each eligible student and attach copies of the completed IEP. Also complete the NOREP. Services cannot be provided without documents.
Forward all information for those students to Angela Thompson at Intermediate Unit 1 no later than May 15, 2020. You may contact Angela with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-938-3241 ext 511. Thank you.
For More Information
If you have any questions concerning the Extended School Year program, please contact:
Director of IU1 Special Education Services
724-938-3241 ext. 273