IU1 Extended School Year Services 2023
Extended School Year (ESY) services are special education programs and/or related services beyond the regular 180-day school year provided to students with disabilities. The Individualized Education Program (IEP) team determines ESY eligibility and services.
Listed below are the programs that Intermediate Unit 1 will operate during Summer 2023. The programs listed below will operate from 8:00 am–12:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. The dates of the ESY classroom programs are:
- Inservice for Teachers: Wednesday, June 14, 2023
- First Day for Students: Monday, June 19, 2023
- Last Day for Students and Teachers: Thursday, July 20, 2023
- Dates (19 total):
- June 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29
- July 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20
- Classroom locations will be announced once the needs of the districts have been determined.
As you determine your ESY program needs, forms must be completed if you are sending students to one of the IU ESY programs or if you are requesting ESY services (hearing, vision, occupation therapy/physical therapy) provided by the IU. Please complete the Documents of Needs ESY form for each eligible student and attach copies of the completed IEP. Also complete the NOREP. Services cannot be provided without the required documents.
Forward all information for those students to Dr. Kristin Szewczyk at Intermediate Unit 1 no later than April 28, 2023. If you have any questions please contact Dr. Szewczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org r 724-938-3241 ext 242. You may also contact Yvonne Pinkney, Administrative Assistant at email@example.com or 724-938-3241 ext. 255. Thank you.