As the agreement with California University of Pennsylvania to transfer IU1 ESL credits into their Master’s Degree for ESL has ended in April 2019, California University of PA has agreed to the following transfer of IU1 ESL credits beginning May 1, 2019:
In addition to regular admission requirements, Pennsylvania teachers seeking to transfer credits from ESL courses offered by Intermediate Unit 1 must submit a letter from IU1 attesting to successful completion of all ESL coursework for:
- EDE 704: Introduction to Teaching English as a Second Language (3 credits).
- EDE 709: Developing Cultural Awareness (3 credits).
- EDE 713: Language Acquisition and Development (3 credits).
All ESL coursework from IU1 must be completed before candidates enroll at Cal U. Credits will be transferred after the student completes four required courses (12 credits) at Cal U with a grade of “B” or higher in each course.
To request a Letter of Attestment contact Yvonne Pinkney, Administrative Assistant for Educational Programs at email@example.com.
How to Apply: · Complete the Graduate School Application
- Under Planned Course of Study:
- Select "Teacher Education (MEd)" and then choose "English as a Second Language (MEd without Cert)" as the designated program. (Candidates seeking to transfer credits from ESL courses taken through Intermediate Unit 1 should select this option.)
Mail official transcript to:
School of Graduate Studies and Research California University of Pennsylvania, Box 91, 250 University Ave.,dddfv California, PA 15419
Submit unofficial transcripts and other documents by mail (using the address above), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (724-938-5712)
Please contact Dr. Susan Morris-Rutledge, Associate Professor of Secondary Education and Administrative Leader and ESL program coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.