Continuing Professional Education Courses
Serving over 13,000 attendees at workshops and courses, the Center for Professional Development offers a variety of workshops and graduate level Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) approved in-service education courses.
Courses and workshops address current educational issues, best practices, and content that assist teachers in the acquisition and application of new knowledge and skills. Allowing for participant’s busy schedules, courses and workshops are offered online and onsite, as well as on a three semester basis: fall, winter, spring, and summer.
If interested in a course or workshop, you can view the upcoming course listings in the IU1 Events Calendar or go to Frontline Education Professional Growth for more information and to register. Upon completion of a course, credits are applicable toward the educational requirements of:
- Level II Instructional or Level II Educational Specialist Certificate
- Meeting continuing professional education (CPE) requirements (Act 48)
- 1 credit: 30 Act 48 hours
- 2 credits: 60 Act 48 hours
- 3 credits: 90 Act 48 hours
- Master’s Degree Equivalency Certificate
Forms and Documents
Letters of Completion
CPE course credits will be automatically reported to PDE/PERMS for each participant who successfully completes and pays for the course. In addition, letters of completion with the IU1 seal will be mailed to each participant.
If you require additional letters of completion please download the Request for Duplicate Letters Form, complete and return with your payment of $10 per letter to:
Each request contains: one official sealed color copy in a sealed envelope, one color copy with an official seal, and one unsealed black and white copy.
IU1 staff will not mail letters of completion to PDE on your behalf.
Documents for Presenters and Instructors
- Presenter Instructor Information for Act 48 Hours (PDF Document)
- Documentation of Attendance at a Non-reported Act 48 Activity (PDF Document)
- Programs, Activities, and Learning Experiences (PALs) Recording Form (Word Document)
- Course Intent Form (Word Document)
- CPE Proposal Instructions (PDF Document)
- CPE Proposal Template (Word Document)
- Course Subject Area and Subcategory (PDF Document)
- Types of Pennsylvania Certifications (PDF Document)
- Learning Objectives (Word Document)
For More Information
For any questions about the courses and workshops offered by the Center for Professional Development, please contact:
Administrative Assistant for Organizational and Online Services
724-938-3241 ext. 212
Frontline Education Professional Growth
Registration for courses and workshops are handled through the Frontline Education Professional Growth course registration system.