Flexible Instruction Days (FIDs)
► Must be accepted or denied by PDE before utilization by a School District
► Can be used when a school building is prevented from opening due to: disease epidemic,
hazardous weather, law enforcement emergency, transportation inoperability or other equipment
necessary to the public school entity’s operation, damage to a building, temporary circumstance
rendering portion of school building unsafe.
► Employs non-traditional strategies to provide continuity of instruction.
► Fulfills one of the minimum required days of instruction as long as instructional minutes are met
► Cannot exceed five (5) days during a school year
► Often known as a Blizzard Bag day
The below information was shared at an informational meeting held on August 15, 2019. Please don’t hesitate to contact Kristin Van Strien if you have questions or need additional information.
- Flexible Instruction Days IU1 August 15, 2019 (PDF Document)
- Flexible Instruction Days 151506 (PDF Document)
- FID Application Sharepoint Draft (PDF Document)
- FIDS IEP Information (PDF Document)
- Central York Message to Parents (PDF Document)
- Central York Memorandum Of Understanding Support Staff (PDF Document)
- Central York Memorandum Of Understanding with CYEA (PDF Document)
- PDE Sharepoint Training July 2019 (PDF Document)
- PDE Guidance Considerations (PDF Document)
- PDE Pennlink FID (PDF Document)
- FID Exemplar Cover Sheet (Word | PDF)
- Conversation with Dr. Snell (PDF Document)
- Contact information for Seneca Valley and Central York School Districts (PDF Document)