Request Design Services from the IU1 Fab Labs
Thank you for choosing the IU1 Fab Lab for your special project. We are thrilled that the Fab Lab has been a successful resource for our schools! Over the past year, we have seen a significant increase in request for design services from the Fab Lab. So that we may best manage these requests, we will be implementing a new process to request services from the Fab Lab.
Please follow the process shared below.
A Fab Lab service request form (below) will need to be completed for each project being requested. Please submit this form ** 4 WEEKS prior ** to your requested due date to ensure the project can be completed. Projects will be completed in the order in which they are received. You will receive a notice that your form has been received with in 48 hours and if your project is able to be completed.
- Once received, an estimate for your request will be returned to you. This estimate will include a time and deliverable estimate.
- Your acceptance of the estimate will be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org, agreeing to the timeframe and cost for your project.
- Please note there will be a limit on the number of requested items being produced at the Fab Lab. If your request is over 100 items, it may not be accepted as a Fab Lab initiative, as we do not have a commercial production facility.
- Once your project is agreed upon and approved, a draft design will be provided that will also require your approval. A two-day (business days) period will be given for your design approval.
- The design approval returned to IU will kick off your project, and payment terms will be Net 30 days.
Thank you for supporting the Fab Lab, and we look forward too many successful projects together.