The Intermediate Unit One (IU1), in collaboration with Inventionland LLC, is offering an innovative 21st century learning curriculum designed to teach career readiness, design, and problem solving skills. Inventionland® is America’s largest private invention factory whose unique makerspace and “cool office” environment draws visitors worldwide. Inventionland’s 9-step inventing method has helped corporations innovate their product lines for years, with the method now evolving into an education curriculum.
A student’s education must prepare him/her for a career or college experience that includes creating, innovating, critical thinking, and 21st century skills. Does your school offer a standard aligned curriculum to address these needs as you prepare your students for career and college success? The Inventionland Innovation Course does just that!
The Inventionland Innovation Course is an educational innovation career ready curriculum for middle and high school students boosting attendance, attitude, and achievement. This curriculum is aligned to the PA standards and eligible content in all STEAM subject areas. Inventionland will introduce students to design, innovation, and entrepreneurial skills through hands-on activities. When students complete this curriculum, they have a chance to compete in an innovation contest where they will pitch their innovative ideas to a panel of industry experts! To access a demo of this innovative curriculum, please visit the Inventionland website and click on the DEMO button. You will then create a username and password to review a portion of this engaging curriculum.
Also, please visit the Inventionland store as it features inventing, making, and storytelling products for the classroom.
The following information describes the pricing package for this innovative curriculum:
- $5000 unlimited users annual site license per school building
- $4500 for second and subsequent school buildings in the same district
- Unlimited Annual Licenses to access the 9-Step Process Online Curriculum
- Note: A 3-day training is required to activate the framework provided by Intermediate Units. The cost for up to five (5) people from your district to be trained ranges from $3000-$5000.
The following are some of the districts implementing the Inventionland Institute curriculum:
- Ligonier High School
- The Kiski School
- Burgettstown High School
- Avonworth Middle School
- Braddock Propel Middle School
- Carmichaels Middle School
- Bethlehem Center Middle School
- Canon Mac Area Middle School
- Charleroi Middle School
- Chartiers Houston Middle School
- Fort Cherry Middle School
- Frazier Middle School
- John Marshall Jr Sr High
- Sherrard Middle School
- Washington Middle School
- East Franklin High School
- Clark School High School
- Colonial School High School
- South Fayette Middle School
- Greene County CTC
- Greater Latrobe High School
- Butler County AVTS
- Leechburg Middle / High School
- Leechburg Elementary
- General McLane Middle School
- Connoquenessing Elementary School
- Evans City Elementary School
- Haine Elementary School
- Rowan Elementary School
- East Franklin Elementary
- Clark School Elementary
- Colonial School Elementary
Stay tuned! An Inventionland Institute elementary curriculum will be released soon!