21st Century Community Learning Centers
The 21st CCLC is an after-school program funded through Pennsylvania Department of Education grant. The program is designed to deliver engaging and enjoyable hands-on projects to help meet our partner district students’ academic and social needs. The program strives to improve school day attendance and encourage positive behaviors in academic and social settings as well as complement the regular schoolday curriculum. This project design emphasizes critical thinking, STEM and 21st-century skills.
- Engage students in hands-on learning
- Increase career and college readiness
- Improve science, technology, engineering, math, communication, literacy and critical thinking skills (21st century skills)
- Reach 267 students annually from three statically low socio-economic partner districts
- Serve at least 85% of the students identified to be served
- Include science, technology, engineering, arts, math, literacy in program delivery
- Increase homework completion, class participation and improve student behavior
- Provide a minimum of 12 hours of consistent programming
- Submit all program and fiscal reports to state and/or federal Department of Education
- Brownsville School District
- Carmichaels School District
- Charleroi Area School District
- Laurel Highlands School District
- Uniontown School District
- East End United Community Center
- Uniontown students attend the program at the East End Community Center.
- Challenger Learning Center
- The Challenger Center provides i-Labs and e-Mission projects that culminate with a live event conducted via videoconference between the site and “mission control”. During the event the class assembles an emergency response team that works together to solve a problem situation as a scenario unfolds and conditions change.
Title I Partnership:
- Each district appreciates and understands the interrelatedness of the Title I goal and the 21st CCLC goal of improving the academic achievement of the disadvantaged.
21st Century Links:
- 2016 - 2017 Evaluation Report Cohort 8
- 2017 - 2018 Evaluation Report Cohort 8
- 2018 Evaluation Report Cohort 9
- 2018 -2019 Evaluation Report Cohort 8
- 2019 Evaluation Report Cohort 9
- 2019-2020 External Evaluation Report Cohort 8 Year 5
- 2019-2020 External Evaluation Report Cohort 9 Year 3