Opening: School Police Officer
Intermediate Unit 1 is accepting applications for a Full-Time School Police Officer at the IU1 Educational Campus at Waynesburg. Position is anticipated in October 2019. The hourly rate starts at $17.41 and the position provides medical, dental, vision insurance, and paid time off. 7.5 hour work day, 186 days per school year.
Positions requires minimum of Associate’s Degree and Act 120 Certification.
Deadline to Apply:
Location: Greene County- IU1 Educational Campus at Waynesburg
- Associate's Degree: Criminal Justice or Equivalent Program
- Between one and three years: Security Guard, Police Officer, School Police. Successfully completed all applicable municipal police education and training under 53 Pa.C.S. Ch. 21, Subchapter D.
- Advanced skill in verbal de-escalation
- Advanced skill in word processing
- Expert knowledge in criminal law
- Advanced knowledge in juvenile law
- Advanced knowledge in school law
- Beginner knowledge in confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge in behavior support
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Act 120
- Act 34
- Act 114
- Act 151
For more details on this position, please review the full job description.
Interested candidates can apply for the position using the link below. Questions about the position or IU1 can be directed to the Human Resources department by calling 724-938-3241 ext. 237, or by sending an email to email@example.com.