Opening: Adult Education Teacher
The position of Adult Education Teacher provides basic skills instruction to adults needing to improve their life situation through educational attainment. An Adult Education Teacher provides one-on-one, small group, and/or large group instruction based on student goals and assessment data.
Intermediate Unit 1 is currently accepting applications for positions in the following areas: Southern Westmoreland County and Fayette County (25 hours per week), Northwest Westmoreland County (20 hours per week), and Greene County (20 hours per week). The hourly rate is $23.00.
Deadline to Apply:
Location: Fayette, Greene, and Westmoreland Counties
- Bachelor's Degree and Instructional I or Education Specialist I current Pennsylvania Teaching Certification
- Up to six months student teaching and field experience
- Beginner skill in team building
- Advanced skill in interpersonal relationships
- Beginner skill in computer technology
- Beginner knowledge in adult pedagogy
- Beginner knowledge in PDE Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE) standards
- Beginner knowledge in ABLE grant requirements
- Beginner knowledge in adult assessment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current Pennsylvania Teaching Certification
For more details on this position, please review the full job description.
Interested candidates can apply for the position using the link below. Questions about the position or IU1 can be directed to the Human Resources department by calling 724-938-3241 ext. 237, or by sending an email to email@example.com.