Opening: Adult Education Teacher
Note: Application Deadline Has Passed
Please note that the application deadline for this job posting has passed.
This is a part-time position, 3.5 days per week (approximately 20-25 hours per week), at the Laurel Business Institute in Uniontown. The position of Adult Education (AE) Teacher exists to provide basic skills instruction to adults needing to improve their life situation through educational attainment. An Adult Education Teacher provides one-on-one, small group, and/or large group instruction based on student goals and assessment data. An Adult Education Teacher is knowledable in adult testing procedures,adult pedagogy, student educational counseling, student advocacy, adult curriculum, PDE standards, and local workforce partners. An Adult Education Teacher is expected to assess student ability, develop student educational plans, and provide guidance and instruction to enable adult students to benefit from their educational experience. An AE Teacher is expected to maintain accurate records and fulfill grant requirements, including class enrollment, retention, pre-post testing, and student outcomes.
Deadline to Apply:
Location: Laurel Business Institute - Uniontown, PA (Fayette County)
- Bachelor's Degree and Instructional I or Education Specialist I
- Up to six months: Student Teaching and Field Experience
- Beginner Skill in Team Building
- Advanced Skill in Interpersonal
- Beginner Skill in Computer Technology
- Beginner Knowledge in Adult Pedagogy
- Beginner Knowledge in PDE ABLE Standards
- Beginner Knowledge in ABLE Grant Requirements
- Beginner Knowledge in Adult Assessment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current PA Teaching Certificate
For more details on this position, please review the full job description.
Interested candidates can apply for the position using the link below. Questions about the position or IU1 can be directed to the Human Resources department by calling 724-938-3241 ext. 237, or by sending an email to email@example.com.