Opening: Paraprofessional - Level I
Intermediate Unit 1 is accepting applications for full-time paraprofessional positions for the 2018-19 school year. The work year for paraprofessionals is 186 days per school year, and the work day is 7.5 hours. The hourly rate is $15.66. Positions are anticipated in Fayette, Greene, and Washington Counties. Specific schools and locations are unknown at this time. Applications are also being accepting for the day-to-day substitute list. Candidates may specify the geographic locations that they are interested in applying for in their cover letter. Please submit cover letter, resume, Non-Teaching Application, transcripts, Clearances (PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Clearance and FBI Clearance-not older than one (1) year), and three (3) letters of reference to the attention of the Human Resources Department, Intermediate Unit 1, One Intermediate Unit Drive, Coal Center, PA 15423. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be faxed to 724-938-8905. EOE.
Deadline to Apply:
Location: Fayette, Greene, and Washington Counties
- High School or its equivalent: Successful completion of IU1 Local Assessment, Associate’s Degree, or a minimum of 48 college credits
- Up to six months: Working with children in a daycare, preschool, or other educational setting is preferred.
- Beginner: Skill in Interpersonal Communications
- Beginner: Skill in Use of Technology
- Beginner: Skill in Following Verbal and Written Instructions
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Associates Degree or Successful Completion of 48 college credits
- If not #1, then passing score on IU1 HQ local assessment
For more details on this position, please review the full job description.
Interested candidates can apply for the position using the link below. Questions about the position or IU1 can be directed to the Human Resources department by calling 724-938-3241 ext. 237, or by sending an email to email@example.com.