Opening: Teacher: Visually Impaired Itinerant
Note: Application Deadline Has Passed
Please note that the application deadline for this job posting has passed.
Intermediate Unit 1 is accepting applications for Full-Time Positions for the 2018-19 school year. Specific locations are undetermined at this time. The Teacher of the Visually Impaired is responsible for the screening, assessment and development of individual education plans for blind/visually impaired students, and adhering to the applicable laws and policies that govern special education. An educator certified in this field may provide staff development services regarding their collegial studies/skills and may serve in the role of mentor, advisor, consultant, and advocate for the students in which they service. Teachers of the visually impaired also assist students in understanding the expaned core curriculum as well other curricular materials related to the subject areas, and make the necessary adaptations and modifications, in accordance with their students’ individual programs. This professional is responsible for meeting the duties of teaching as outlined in CSPG No. 60, laws, Board Policy and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Deadline to Apply:
Location: Fayette, Greene, and Washington Counties
- Bachelor's Degree and Instructional I or Education Specialist I: Visual Impairments
- Up to six months: Student teaching, field experience, day-to-day, long-term substitute experience
- Beginner Knowledge in Area of blindness and visually impaired
- Beginner Knowledge in Assessment procedures
- Beginner Knowledge in Instructional strategies
- Beginner Knowledge in Special Education procedures
- Beginner Skill in Assitive technology
- Beginner Skill in Orientation and mobility
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- PA Certificate: Special Education-Blind/Visual Impairments
For more details on this position, please review the full job description.
Interested candidates can apply for the position using the link below. Questions about the position or IU1 can be directed to the Human Resources department by calling 724-938-3241 ext. 237, or by sending an email to email@example.com.