Opening: ESL Instructor
Note: Application Deadline Has Passed
Please note that the application deadline for this job posting has passed.
Intermediate Unit 1 is accepting applications for a Full-Time ESL Instructor Position. This position requires ESL Program Specialist Certification, and in addition, either Elementary or English 7-12 Certification. All three (3) certification areas are preferred. An ESL Instructor is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an instructional program for English Language Learners to develop their English language skills and thrive alongside their English-dominant peers. The ESL Instructor focuses instruction on Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening as outlined in the Pennsylvania Academic Standards and English Language Proficiency Standards.
Deadline to Apply:
Location: Greene and Washington Counties
- Bachelor's Degree and Instructional I or Education Specialist I: Education
- Up to six months: Student teaching, field experience, day-to-day and long-term substitute experience
- Beginner: Skill in Instructional Pedagogy
- Beginner: Skill in Differentiated Instruction
- Beginner: Skill in Application of Technology
- Beginner: Skill in Classroom Management and Discipline
- Beginner: Knowledge in Testing and Assessment
- Beginner: Knowledge in Curriculum Content
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- PA Certificate: ESL Program Specialist, Elementary, and English
For more details on this position, please review the full job description.
Interested candidates can apply for the position using the link below. Questions about the position or IU1 can be directed to the Human Resources department by calling 724-938-3241 ext. 237, or by sending an email to email@example.com.