Local Education Agency Networking
Local Educational Agency (LEA) Networking meetings are open to school district and vo-tech staff within Intermediate Unit 1, agency personnel, and higher education staff from the education, special education, speech/language, and psychology departments. Information will be presented regarding Chapters 14, 15, and 16 regulations, as well as Individuals with Disability Education Act (IDEA) and No Child Left Behind (NCLB). Participants will be given the opportunity to discuss and evaluate this information with their peers to determine the impact on their districts, agencies, teams, etc.
LEA Networking Meetings
For meeting registration, agendas, downloads, and more select a date from the list:
- September 2015 LEA Meeting: September 30, 2015, at 9:00 am
- October 2015 LEA Meeting: October 28, 2015, at 9:00 am
- November 2015 LEA Meeting: November 25, 2015, at 9:00 am
- December 2015 LEA Meeting: December 18, 2015, at 9:00 am
- January 2016 LEA Meeting: January 27, 2016, at 9:00 am
- February 2016 LEA Meeting: February 24, 2016, at 9:00 am
- March 2016 LEA Meeting: March 31, 2016, at 9:00 am
- April 2016 LEA Meeting: April 28, 2016, at 9:00 am
- May 2016 LEA Meeting: May 26, 2016, at 9:00 am
Resources for LEAs
PENN*LINK is the official electronic mail service for the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE). Originally established in 1986 and now fully integrated with the Internet, PENN*LINK manages the delivery of email among the Department of Education Local Education Agencies: school districts, charter schools, intermediate units, and vocational technical schools/career and technology centers.
PDE uses PENN*LINK to convey information rapidly and efficiently to LEAs. LEAs use PENN*LINK to gather information and correspond with PDE and each other.
PENN*LINK provides many statewide distribution lists making it easy for users to communicate with large or small targeted groups of LEAs across Pennsylvania.
Listed below are recent PENN*LINKs. All downloads are PDF documents.
Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) Letters
- Dear Colleague: Braille Instruction (PDF Document)
Basic Education Circulars (BECs)
- Extended Year Eligibility (PDF Document)
For More Information
For more information about LEA meetings and resources, please contact:
Director of Special Education Services
724-938-3241 ext. 273